Monday, May 25, 2009

Making a scene



These new Summer stamps from A muse sure do lend themselves to making a scene. The little pirate bird wanted to take a ride on my new surfboard and who am I to stop him? That island with the palm tree would have been the perfect place to rest but that little bird wanted to ride on. I don't have jenn's talent to cut out my waves by hand since I don't have the waves punch so I used my cuttlebug d'vine swirl embossing folder instead. Aren't these amuse-bouche fun? Just a little taste of the new releases at a time. Tomorrow is the last day to check out the other team member's blogs for inspiration so get going!!!

15 comments:

Renate said...

Love all of your recent cards....I love having such a talented friend!

Roxanne said...

A peg-legged pirate birdie with a jewel eye patch on a surf board. I bet he's quite a threat to all naval vessels in the area. This one is over the top, Dawn.

lexi said...

a surfin' pirate bird--totally awesome dude!!

cheiron said...

This is so cute and fun! Love the bird on the board!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pirate bird! Love his dazzle gem!

Jill Grace said...

Dang, this chick can do everything! :) Very fun card Dawn!

Lori Barnett said...

This is SO FUN! Love your waves ;)

Unknown said...

ahhh, dawn another cutie pie:D!

Jennie M said...

WOW!! This is SO fun!! What an awesome scene Dawn!!

Laura said...

What a great idea to use the cuttlebug folder. I have to get that....thanks for sharing the idea. Great card!

Nina Seven N7 said...

cute cards, dawn! thanks so much for all your visits and comments on my blog, I really appreciate them!

Rhonda said...

Surfs up dude!! SOOOO stinkin fun!! This chick is super cute on the board! Love the waves you made too!!

Pamela said...

Very cute! The use of the cuttlebug embossing makes great waves.

Cookie said...

How cute!! Love that birdie!

Anonymous said...

A chick on a surfboard! who would have thought of that...I love it! He looks like a swashbuckler, indeed! You are so cleer with combining your stamps, Dawn...TFS! Tinla