Thursday, April 9, 2009

Simple challenge


Challenging myself is always an adventure. This card is for the Think Simple challenge on the A Muse Lounge. Wanted to do something different so I tried a technique we learned at the Copic marker training in Seattle. We learned that you can color directly on the stamp with Copic markers! I know! You thought you couldn't, didn't you? You color on your stamp with your marker, then spray the paper with the colorless blender solution and then stamp. Easy peasy! It worked great. Now what to do with the stamped image on a simple card? Just used my Cuttlebug embossing borders set to make the yellow strip and voila, a simple card. Thank you, Jennie for a great challenge. It was harder than I thought it would be, but fun to do. Will try another simple card soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classy and Simple! Very nice card. I like the border. I'm looking to get some borderabilities...or whatever they are called. This is very inviting!

Kerry said...

Beautiful, I love the cuttlebug embossing folder too. :D

Glenda J said...

Simply beautiful Dawn. Love those colours together.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! Great Copic tecnique too ;)

Rose said...

Love your embossing! Thanks for the copic tip...I learned something new!

Jennie M said...

You knocked this challenge out of the park Dawn!! What a gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Pamela said...

Great card and a cool technique to try too!

Alanna Harris said...

what a great card...the embossing is so nice!