Sunday, April 26, 2009

Color combos


I have been trying to test out different color combinations. My friend, Heidi, helped me with this one. We looked at the Copic marker chart to figure out what color would compliment BG72 Ice Ocean. I think that this plum and the blue raspberry tin plate A Muse cardstock did a good job. I also wanted to use the baby from the baby in nest stamp and put him in the plaid bassinet. Even used my stamp a ma jig for the first time. Had this tool for the longest time and never needed to use it but it came in really handy for me to get that baby in that bassinet. Tracy's sketch challenge for this week gave the the layout. Thanks, Tracy for a great sketch! Pop on over to her blog and give it a try!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Your card is so adorable! Love the colors!

freshaircrafting said...

It's so cute! Great color combo!

cheiron said...

Wow, love how you got the baby in there! Such a cute baby card!

Jennie M said...

WOW!! This card is completely awesome Dawn! I love every single detail and putting the baby in there is pure genius!! :)

Tracy said...

Ohhhhhh this is the cutest little guy Dawn! The colors are fantastic. Such a happy card. =) So glad you were able to play along this week. I always love seeing what you whip up!!

Hugs,
Tracy

Armie said...

Ooohhh, this is cuteee Dawn!! I don't have these NEW toys yet but thanks soo much for the inspiration!! Very well put together! Awesome colors too! TFS :o)

Anonymous said...

gosh....your sneek peeks are incredible!! i am a week behind, but better late than never;) i cannot believe you have just used your SAMJ for the 1st time....i thought you used it all the time, you do such a great job on combining your stamps on your cards! (i need to use my SAMJ on every card...i am terrible at eyeballing it!) it is a totally awesome card, dawn! your creativity ROCKS!!!! tfs; tinla

Linda said...

Dawn, this is one of the all-time cutest baby cards ever! Great job!