Sunday, January 17, 2016

Jenn's COOLest Card Series Week 1

Those Crazy Birds! I just can't stop using them on my cards. I wanted to use one of them on this card but he didn't have a hat. Had to dig into my stash to come up with this fun hat stamp for Jenn's COOLest Card Series.  I found it in an old Papertray build-a-snowman set.

Week 1 challenge was to use stencils. Thought of my "new to me" Memory Box snowflake stencil. Took me a while to figure out just what to do with it but I ended up using Wendy Vecchi's Metallic silver embossing paste to create shiny silver snowflakes. I always think of winter as black, white and gray so didn't feel the need to do anything else with the background. I die cut the Winter Wonderland from a Tim Holtz set out of black foam and added it to my card for a little more dimension. Used Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border with lots of MS snow glitter for the finishing touch. Enjoy!

4 comments:

None None said...

Super cute!! Love that crazy bird & the curved sentiment you added using foam for your diecutting.

jenn shurkus said...

eeeeppppp!!! this is WICKED cute :) thanks so much for being part of the COOLest Card Series :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! Love your bird coloring, his little hat and those words are too COOL!

Becca Cruger said...

I love the crazy birds and boy did you ever do this guy's personality justice by plopping him on this adorable card. So cute! Love the "snow".