Sunday, May 29, 2011

Moxie Fab Trigger 6







As soon as I saw the photo for this week's trigger, I thought of a Monarch butterfly. They are so beautiful and they have one of my favorite colors, orange. I wish I was a better photographer. The top of my butterfly is a lovely orange/red and the bottom is orange. Looks just like the butterflies flying outside my windows in the Summer. To achieve this look, I used my new Twinkling H2O's. (Thanks to my friend Jenn, for sending them to me.) Took me a while to get just the right colors but I got there. A question I always ask myself is, when is "one more thing", one thing too many? I decided to make this card CAS. Didn't color in the dogwood stamp from Stampin' Up on purpose. Just wanted the butterfly to speak for itself. I have been missing my daughter a lot lately so made this card for her and used the miss you stamp from A Muse Artstamps. I glittered up the sentiment a bit but it is hard to tell from my photo. The divine swirl embossing folder from Cuttlebug made the perfect swirly background fitting for a butterfly flitting from blossom to blossom.

Hope you are enjoying the long weekend. Stop by the Moxie Fab World blog and give this week's trigger a try.

2 comments:

Glenda J said...

Absolutely lovely! The butterfly is perfect!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dawn! What a beautiful approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)